Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Telephone Language

  • Can you repeat that please?
  • Just a minute, I will make a note that.
  • Just a minute, I will be right back.
  • Sorry to keep you waiting. 
  • sorry we were cut off.
  • Hello, I would like to speak Reeta.
  • Hello, you are breaking up, I'll call back.
  • Hello, you are breaking up, can you call back.
  • Could you connect me to Reeta.
  • Yes, she is here, I am trying to connect to Reeta.
  • Can I leave a message. 
  • Could you ask her, call me back.
  • would you like to leave message?
  • I'm afraid she/he is not available at the moment.
  • can I have extension 345? (extensions are internal numbers at a company or institution)
    Introducing yourself:

This is Reeta. (you have say your name)
Reena speaking.

Asking who is on the telephone

Excuse me, who is this?
Can I ask who is calling, please?


No comments:

Post a Comment