Wednesday, January 14, 2015

would like, like, look like, look

Look is a verb that explain the appearance of someone or something. It comes with adjective to describe someone's emotions.
For example: 

You look happy.
she looks excited.
Krishna looks bored.

Note: do, does: don't, doesn't for negative and questions.

You don't look interested.
She doesn't look annoying.

Does he look sad, don't he?
Don't they look very happy?

"Look like" talks about physical similarity with another person .
I look like my father.
He looks like his younger brother.
My younger sister doesn't look like my parents.
Do you look like your sister?

Would like (want) indicate specific request.
I would like a glass of water.
He would like a new carpet.
would you like some pencils?
They wouldn't like any paper.
would you like to take appetizer at first?
what would you like to do today?
Where would they like to meet frequently?

Like

No comments:

Post a Comment